To request an application, please email Tori@motylpottery.com
French Broad River Park located at
580 Riverview Dr, Asheville, NC 28806
CALENDAR OF IMPORTANT DATES
Application Deadline – June 30th 2017
Notifications – July 8th 2017
Deadline To Accept Invitation & Purchase Booth – August 1st 2017
Deadline For Cancellation With Full Refund – September 1, 2017
Date Of Show- September 23, 2017
Images: 5 images total – 4 images representing the range of your work and 1 booth shot
Formatting Your Images
- Recommended Dimensions: 1500 pixels on the longest side.
- File Format: JPEG
- Recommended Resolution: 300 dpi
Jury Fee $10
Single booth 10×10 $90
SALES & TAXES
All artists are responsible for their own sales. Transactions must include 7% NC sales tax. Visit http://www.dor.state.nc.us for more information.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
Cancellations must be made in written form and submitted by mail or e-mail. Full refund of booth fee if post marked or cancelled by September 1, 2017. E-mails can be sent to Tori@MotylPottery.com
We want to ensure that your participation is a positive experience. During the Festival, the following amenities are offered to all artists:
- Complimentary artist breakfast snacks and drinks will be provided during set-up.
- Artist name and booth number listed in 2017 Festival program, website and social media platforms
- Free exhibitor parking
- Booth Sitters available to allow artists to take breaks and get food
- Comprehensive advertising and publicity is planned for the Festival including tv, radio, print, web, and social media
ARTIST RULES & REGULATIONS
- Set up begins at 8:00 a.m. Exhibits must be ready for viewing promptly at 10:00. Tear-down will not begin before 5:00 p.m. No vehicles allowed into festival area between 10am and 5pm.
- You are responsible for your own props, including tables, tent/canopy, hanging materials, and/or folding chairs that you may need for your booth.
- All work will be Handmade by the artist. No manufactured goods. Components of work may be manufactured if they do not comprise more than 20% of the work being displayed and sold.
- The Arts Committee will screen booths Saturday morning and throughout the day. Work in photos must be representative of the work to be shown.
- Only artists or employees of the artist selling his or her work will be eligible to participate.
- Application/jury fee ($10) is non-refundable. If accepted, your last day to cancel and still receive a fill refund of booth fee is Sept. 1.
- I understand that the show will go on rain or shine. But if for any reason whatsoever, it becomes impossible to have the Festival, I understand that this agreement is terminated and I will waive any and all claims for damages.
- I agree to help maintain the festival area and clean up behind myself at the close of the show.
- The sponsor provides no insurance. Insurance, if any, must be placed and paid for by the exhibitor. I hereby relieve the sponsors, staff, and town of all responsibility for the safe keeping of property while said properties are at the festival.
- The Town of Asheville, North Carolina Ceramic Arts Festival promoters, and staff will not be responsible for any injury or loss that may arise or come to the exhibitor, or his employee(s), or his goods, for any reason whatsoever while the Festival premises are being occupied under this agreement.
- All artists are responsible for collecting and paying North Carolina sales tax. The tax rate is 7%.
I hereby release and forever discharge the town of Asheville, the North Carolina Ceramic Arts Festival Staff, and everyone connected to the North Carolina Ceramic Arts Festival from any responsibility, personal liability, claims, loss, or damage arising out of or in conjunction with my application to or participation in the North Carolina Ceramic Arts Festival which is not responsible for any injury sustained by exhibitors or guests while within the space designated for exhibits. Further, I understand that I store my art at my own risk without exception or limitation.
More pre-festival information to come. Including – site placement – direction – parking passes – load-in and load-out instructions, hospitality, etc.
Thank you for your interest in participating the the North Carolina Ceramic Arts Festival! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at Tori@motylpottery.com